Line up 2018
Join us for two days of inspiring demos, talks, tours, walks and workshops. Programme times to follow soon ...
CONFIRMED FOOD FESTIVAL GUESTS!
- CHRISTIAN HONOR Head chef, co-owner of Chriskitch and salad supremo
- PETE BROWN - Award winning author of the MIracle Brew and the Apple Orchard talks beer on the main demo stage along with a Q and A in the Forty Hall Community Orchard
- NATALIE COLEMAN - Masterchef winner 2013 - back by popular demand! Creates the ultimate sausage roll using farm produce
- CHRISTINE SMALLWOOD - Food and travel writer (member of Guild of Food Writers) and author of the Appetite for Italy series, brings a little Italian magic to Forty Hall Farm's tomatoes
- ANDREW DARGUE & TOM HEALEY - Of renowned vegetarian restaurant Vanilla Black, getting creative with seasonal food
- CRAYFISH BOB - The urban food hero shares the delights of Crayfish from London's waterways
- JASON SUTTON - Of top local supper club New River Restaurant takes the heat out of cooking when cooking at home
- TOURS OF FORTY HALL VINEYARD - The volunteers will show visitors around Enfield's hidden gem, London's only Vineyard that is commercially producing wine - award winning, organic, vegan wine at that!
- IAN HARDWICK - English Wine Supper Club & Wine Cellar Door - Learn about and taste some of the wines putting England on the world wine-making map (Ticket info to follow )
- RUTH NIEMAN - Author of The Galilean Kitchen discover the flavours of Israeli cookery and later join her culinary workshop in the Vineyard
- TARA LIONDARIS - Stylist and photographer - join Tara's Food styling and photography workshop (ticketed)
- EMMA FOLLOWS of Eat Live join local fermenting expert Emma for a kimchi making workshop
- TOM GREEN - The Old Blokes Kitchen, he makes everything from scratch (even the oven!)
- MATTHEW ROBINSON - Head grower of the Forty Hall Farm Market Garden and volunteers give tours of the market garden
- TARUNIMA SINHA - of My Little Cake Tin talks us through the do's and don't of using edible flowers in baking
- PUNJABI SHACK - Show us how to make perfect samosas from their stall, where they'll also be serving delicious Punjabi curries and street food delights
- MADAME ZUCCHINI - Entertainment from the brilliant Madame Zucchini with her veg inspired theatre show and other vegtastic activitiesfor kids (of all ages)
Plus... FORAGING WALKS, ORCHARD TOURS, LIVE MUSIC from Das Brass and more!
Yoga in the orchard
Rise and shine and make some space for lunch with yoga in the orchard with Indira from the North London Yoga Studio. Suitable for all levels, beginners welcome.
Eat Live - Demo Barn
Why all the fuss about fermented food? What's the difference between a prebiotic and a probiotic? Come and watch Emma-Louise of Eat Live make some cultured veggies, have a taste and find out why they're so good for you.
Tara Sura Photographer - Guided Walk
Join photographer and stylist Tara Sura on a walk around the festival and estate, learning photo techniques All you need is a phone camera, or if you have one, an SLR camers.
Forty Hall Vineyard - Vineyard Tour
Learn about Enfield's award winning vineyard with a tour of the vineyard and tasting. The tour will begin from the Demo Barn with an introduction to the
Holtwhites Bakery - Vineyard
Back by popular demand! Chief Holtwhites' Baker and co-founder Richard Copsey will be baking pizzas in the Vineyard's cob oven, join him!
Christine Smallwood - Food Writer
SEASONAL ITALIAN COOKING
Travel and food writer Christine Smallwood is a member of the Guild of Food Writers and has written extensively on Italian food. She'll be sharing her expert knowledge and passion for Italian food as she cooks up a classic seasonal dish using ingredients from the Farm.
Ian Puddick of The Old Bakery Gin - Demo Barn
Ian Puddick discovered a secret when he began some renovation work on The Old Bakery in Palmers Green. We'll let him tell you the rest...
BlackDogHat - Live Music
The Black Barn
Brilliant London folk band BlackDogHat serenade us in the Black Barn
Angela Clutton - Food Writer
Renowned food writer and food historian Angela Clutton will put her culinary knowledge and talents to work as she creates some magic with apples.
Angela is the co-Chair of the Guild of Food Writers and is a recipe writer and host of the Borough Market Cookbook Club.
Tara Sura - Photographer & Stylist
Join photographer and stylist Tara Sura on a walk around the festival and estate, learning top photo techniques All you need is a phone camera, or if you have one, an SLR cameras.
Wrights Flour - Demo Barn
BAKING MADE SIMPLE
Cake baking made simple, with Wrights Flours, Enfield's oldest food business.
Hemali Topiwala - Local Food Blogger
HOW TO EAT WELL WHEN YOU'RE TOO BUSY TO COOK
Local food blogger Hemali shows us how to create healthy, delicious food to fit into busy working lives.
Eat Live - Local Producer
MAKE YOUR OWN KIMCHI WORKSHOP
Emma-Louise will be hosting a kimchi making workshop for you to create your own to take home in a jar!
S.O.U.P - Live music
A fitting end to day 1 of the Festival with live music from Enfield's brilliant ukele group S.O.U.P. . They are guaranteed to put a smile on your face with their joyful covers of classics from the Kinks to the Beach Boys.
All ages can take part and be inspired by the people who make, grow, cook and write about good food and drink.
We're keen to hear from local chefs, bakers, cookery writers, producers or anyone else with a food related story to tell or a skill to share. As well as our popular cookery demonstrations, there'll be more interactive workshops and small group talks at the 2018 festival, so if you're shy to get on the main stage there will be other ways to share your knowledge and passion with visitors.